Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination: JAMB releases 279 withheld results

JAMB releases 279 withheld Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination results as it keeps some centres under review over suspected malpractice.

Published
2 Min Read
JAMB releases 279 previously withheld UTME results

The on Thursday released 279 results that had been withheld for investigation, saying the move came as it continued to review suspected examination malpractice.

JAMB said the 279 results were in addition to results it had already released earlier and that some other results were still being held back because of ongoing inquiries. In a statement, the board said it cancelled some results outright where evidence of malpractice had been established, while releasing others after finding no prima facie case against the affected candidates.

The board said results from centres where its live monitoring team observed suspicious activity, as well as centres that drew adverse reports, would remain withheld pending further investigation. It added that any candidate later found culpable would have their result cancelled.

The release came as candidates were still waiting for the printing of the 2026 UTME original result slip, which JAMB said on Tuesday had not yet been activated. The board said it had just concluded the foreign examinations and was preparing for a mop-up examination for candidates who were unable to sit for the main test through no fault of theirs.

JAMB said the UTME is a ranking examination and that the original result slip contains each candidate’s ranking, meaning all necessary processes must be completed before the slips are made available. It said the printing portal would be activated once those adjustments were finished and candidates would be informed when to proceed.

The board also reminded candidates whose results had not yet been released to check their status by sending UTMERESULT to 55019 or 66019 using the same phone number they used for registration. JAMB had earlier enabled SMS result checking through those numbers.

The latest release keeps the focus on the same underlying issue: the 2026 UTME remains under scrutiny because the investigation is still active, some results have already been cancelled, and other centres are still being reviewed before the board opens access to the original slips. JAMB said it had pegged 150 as the cut-off mark for university admission in 2026.

TAGGED:
Share This Article