The Edo State Command of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps deployed 1,542 personnel across the state on Friday in Benin City to secure Eid-el-Kabir celebrations. The officers were spread across Edo’s three senatorial districts and placed at prayer grounds, markets, highways, motor parks, worship centres and other vulnerable locations.
Saidi Akintayo announced the deployment at the command headquarters and said it followed the directive of the Corps Commandant General, Ahmed Audi. He said the officers came from the Tactical Team, Counter-Terrorism Unit, Intelligence and Investigation Department, Armed Squad, Agro Rangers, Operations Department and other specialised units.
Akintayo said the personnel had been strategically positioned to provide security before, during and after the celebration, and warned criminal elements to stay away from Edo State. “We will not tolerate any act capable of threatening the peace and security currently enjoyed in the state,” he said.
He directed area commanders, divisional officers and heads of formations to intensify patrols, surveillance and intelligence gathering, and urged residents to stay alert and report suspicious movements in their communities. “The NSCDC appealed to residents to remain vigilant and cooperate with security agencies by reporting suspicious movements and activities in their communities,” he said.
The deployment was presented as part of the nigeria security and civil defence corps mandate to protect lives, critical national assets and infrastructure, with the command saying the operation was meant to support a peaceful and hitch-free Eid-el-Kabir across Edo State. Akintayo also commended Governor Monday Okpebholo for supporting security agencies in the state and praised the synergy among agencies working to maintain law and order.
The answer to the immediate question is clear: Edo is being heavily covered for the holiday, with officers already stationed across the state and commanders ordered to keep pressure on any threat to the celebration.





